Monday, April 18, 2005

Potting up

The weekend proved fruitful in many ways, particularly in the fact that the sun shone so beautifully. And despite sacrificing my saturday to the god of posh dress shopping on Oxford Street (I wasn't much use to Katie, but she needed something for the Baftas [she got to stand within feet of Eddie Izzard and David Tennant, so she was very happy upon her return!]), come Sunday I'd cut great swathes into my potting-up backlog and even got all my leeks into the plot. It felt brilliant to finally put something in there and leave it to the elements. I've planted them a lot closer together (about 6 inches) than it suggests on the packets and in books, but i only want baby leeks, so I hope it works out.

Literally everything I originally planted is now in my plastic greenhouse - from the 20 or so chilli plants to the 20 or so tomato plants. What am I going to do with them all? I'm not sure why i planted so many, but i'll do something with them I guess. I don't have a lot of peas and bean seedlings in comparison, but I do have a few differring varieties, so it should be enough. And i can always grow more soon to get staggered crops. Ooh, the things you think about as a gardener.

And I saw my first butterfly of the year. Just wonderful...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trust me, you can never make too many sacrifices to the godDESS of posh dress shopping. I think you'll find that you reap the rewards.