Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Return of the Sprout

So 2007 is alive and well. I'm fed up with it already, but that's what the first few weeks of the new year are about aren't they – wishing you were somewhere else. (Although, our Wii did arrive yesterday, and I'm loving Baseball even though I have no idea what the rules are. They make about as much sense as wilfully buying sprouts.)

However, as for the Anything but Sprouts plot out back, there's big news in the shape of new bird seed in the feeders. The Greenfinches have returned, and have finally stopped hurling abuse at me from the comfort of their tree. I've apologised for it not being purely sunflower seeds, but I can only do what I can.

I'm going to be starting a new regular post on here relating to the growth of mushrooms. (Who could ask for a better christmas present than a grow-your-own mushroom box?) So in the next week or so, I'm going to have Shroom Watch up and running. I'll keep you posted. I'm sure the photos will be captivating and groundbreaking in equal measure, so keep your eyes peeled!!

This is the start of the return of Anything But Sprouts. It's back, in just the same way as the sprouts you ate on Christmas day returned as a whiffy fart. Although hopefully it won't be quite as whiffy...

3 comments:

Melanie Rimmer said...

Anything But Sprouts is back! Hurrah!

My greenfinches love niger seeds, but I get a bit fed up of spending more money on feeding birds than I do on feeding my own family.

Anonymous said...

So glad to have you back, even if ti does mean we have to put up with gratuitous sprout insults!

Al said...

ahh! thanks for your comments! I shall try and tone down the sprout insults from now on. It's a delicate subject I admit.

I just took a look out at the plot, and the incredible winds have done a fine job of scattering everything - even the bird feeder has lost its cardboard squirrel baffler. The finches are out there as ever, though!