Friday, April 07, 2006

Seedlings on the brink of death!

I came home last night to find my little baby seedlings desperate for water. I can't believe I forgot about them while letting them get hardy for life outdoors! I was mortified at their deadly poses, all limp and ready to enter the early stages of rigormortis. It's amazing how quickly the weather has turned and now things are needing watering again. Luckily they were happy and alive again after half an hour in water, but it was definitely a close call.

I promise I won't let it happen again. However, that thought of having to run back and forth to my garden with a watering can is already starting to make me uneasy.

3 comments:

Frankie said...

Same here - easy to forget when they're in the loft.

Anonymous said...

Easily done. This windy weather dries things out very quickly (As my papery skin can testify!)

Al said...

Ah! the wind. It's amazing how quickly you forget these things