Thursday, August 04, 2005

Summer in the Palace

It's been a while since I last posted, mainly because I haven't found myself in the garden too often. Everything is growing like it should, and I guess this is the 'reaping what you sow' time of year. For very little effort, only the watering, the food just keeps coming.

I haven't had any tomatoes ripen yet - i suppose it's our relative lack of summer that's causing that - but the beans and courgettes are wonderful. I've even noticed the great tits enjoying the runner beans too. (They're cute! how could I stop them!)

Crystal Palace is as beautiful as ever with the flowers and trees providing the best hideaway from the city possible. And despite the occasionally less than fragant inhabitants of the area, it still smells of roses.

So even though the commute is hot and sticky, filled with police, and often running late, all is well at chez nil sprouts s'il vous plait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chez nil sprouts!! Nice to hear you're able to relax at least a little and enjoy the fruits of your labours

Al said...

please excuse my terrible cod French, but I couldn't even begin to think of the french word for sprouts!!